Welcome! Thanks for your interest in consigning with Rugrats Resale.
What exactly is a consignor anyway? A consignor is an individual who sets prices on their own personal children’s items and then brings them to our sale to be sold. After the sale, you will be sent a check for the value of your items that were sold. Each consignor will be assigned a consignor number to keep track of their items during the sale.
Before you get your own consignor number, there are a few things we need to go over:
- Quality Standards
- Consignor Responsibilities
- Consignor Help and Support
- Consignor Drop Off
- Consignor Pick Up
- All Star Consignors
Let’s get started!
Rugrats Resale strives to provide the best possible experience for our Shoppers. Part of that experience is ensuring the items available at Rugrats Resale are held to a high quality standard. Keeping the quality level high not only benefits shoppers, but it ensures you – as a Consignor – see the highest return on the time you spend tagging. Please only list items that you yourself would consider purchasing.
Consigned items shall:
- Be new or in gently-used condition
- Be clean and freshly laundered
- Be in current style
- Have all pieces included
- Have working batteries
- Have honest descriptions
Do not list items that are:
- Worn-out, faded, or stained
- Dirty or have an offensive odor
- Missing critical pieces
- Broken or inoperable
- Deceptively packaged or described
We reserve the right to pull items which, at our discretion, do not meet our stated quality standards. These items will be returned to you with crossed out tags during pick up. Attempts to deceive our shoppers will not be tolerated and may be subject to an additional fee. Repeated or excessive attempts to consign items that violate these standards may result in being banned from future sales.
When you register to consign with Rugrats Resale, you are responsible for:
- Listing a minimum of 15 items
- Checking your items for recalls
- Ensuring your items are the proper season – Fall/Winter or Spring/Summer
- Accurately describing your item on the tag
- Securely packaging your items
It is your responsibility to ensure none of your listed items are recalled. Here are a few resources to use when researching your items:
Consignor Help and Support
We have several resources available to help Consignors with everything from how to use MyRugrats to how to package shoes for the sale!
- Our Tagging page walks Consignors completely through the pricing and tagging process. It contains MyRugrats video demos and instructions for packaging your items.
- There is a Rugrats Consignor Support Facebook group available! This group gets pretty active leading up to the sale and is a great way to crowdsource answers to any questions you may have.
- While on Facebook, be sure to Like Rugrats Resale and RSVP for the upcoming sale event to keep up with the latest information about the sale.
- Finally, you can reach us directly through our Contact Us page.
Consignor Drop Off and Inspection
Drop off is the process of delivering your tagged items to the sale location, getting them inspected, and helping to place them on the floor. Drop off is by appointment only. You will need to sign up for a drop off appointment through MyRugrats after creating an account and registering for the upcoming sale. Drop off appointments are generally made available one month before the upcoming sale.
During your drop off appointment, a volunteer will check you in and make sure your items are:
- Properly tagged following our Tagging Instructions
- In line with our Quality Standards
- Permitted according to Accepted Items
Inspection is an important part of our sale and helps ensure the items we make available to our shoppers are high quality. If we identify items that are not properly tagged, do not meet our quality standards, or are not permitted, they will be sent home with you. Please do not be offended if any of your items are rejected. We receive close to 40,000 items and in order to make the experience as pleasant as possible for shoppers, we need to be picky.
Consignors with more than 300 items are asked to schedule their drop off appointment as early in the day as possible and must complete drop off no later than 7pm. If you are consigning a large number of items, we encourage all Consignors to bring some help to keep things moving.
To ensure a quick and smooth drop off, you are expected to:
- Arrive a few minutes early to check in
- Have your first load in the building and ready to check in at your scheduled time
- Group your clothing items by size and gender prior to arriving
- Put your items in the correct area on the sale floor
- Set up large items such as pack ‘n plays and bouncers
Once all your items have been placed on the floor, you are free to leave!
Consignor Pick Up
Pick up is generally 5:30 – 7pm on the Half Price Sale day. The final time will be communicated via email prior to the sale. During pick up, you will have an opportunity to pick up all of your items that were not sold during the sale or marked to donate to charity.
Please keep the following in mind during Consignor pick up:
- Items will not be ready for pick up early
- Check in with a volunteer before entering the sale floor
- Check the “Lost Tags” cart for any of your items
- Check the back wall and clothing racks for overflow items
- Go through your items to verify you are only taking your items home with you
- Be sure to leave with all of your items
- Items not picked up by 7pm will be considered abandoned. Abandoned items will become the property of Rugrats Resale, LLC
All Star Consignors
All Star Consignors get to skip inspection and may drop off their items anytime between 9am and 6pm on drop off day – no need for a drop off appointment!
In order to earn this distinction, a consignor must have participated in the last two sales and show a history of:
NO items rejected at drop off inspection
NO items pulled from the floor during the sale
NO tag issues encountered during the sale at checkout
Consingors who attempt to sell items that do not meet our quality standards are tracked during drop off inspection and throughout the sale. We also track Consignors whose tags do not follow the guidelines posted on our tagging page. This data is used to compile a list of All Stars prior to each sale. Consignors who have earned the All Star designation will be notified via email just before each sale. If an All Star Consignor’s item is pulled during the sale, their All Star status will be removed and will need to be re-earned.
MyRugrats is the online tagging and inventory management system used by Rugrats Resale. MyRugrats handles item tag generation and helps you manage your inventory across multiple sales. Creating an account with MyRugrats is free.
To register as a Consignor, you will need to create an account with MyRugrats. The confirmation email you will receive after registering will contain your Consignor number. This number is important for identifying you and will be used frequently during your interactions with Rugrats Resale.
Be sure to enter your contact information carefully. We only send consignment checks to the address listed in MyRugrats. Email is the primary communication tool we use to notify Consignors of upcoming dates and important information. Should a problem arise during the sale, it is important that your phone number is correct so we can contact you quickly.
Once you receive your consignor number, you can log into MyRugrats anytime by clicking the “MyRugrats Login” link in the top right hand corner of our website.
After you are logged in, you will need to register for our upcoming sale. Registering for a sale lets us know that you plan to list items for the sale. During sale registration, you will have the opportunity to update your contact information and read the latest Consignor Agreement. It is important to carefully read and understand the Consignor Agreement each time you register for a sale as it is subject to change from sale to sale. Please only register for an upcoming sale if you plan to drop items off for that sale.